Friday, July 20, 2007

Wildly Legal

The past week has been life-changing! Last Thursday I celebrated my 18th birthday through the depths of a 5.3L bottle of Lambrusco we've been saving for...yes, 18 years. Alongside family and a close chum our family dinner went [pavlova-]smashingly!We ploughed through mountains of hearty Southern Italian food and were tempted to wear baby slings under our tums, so full were they.

On my actual birthday [Saturday, Jul 14] I had a small get together with friends at the uni village during the day and giddily played drinking games over a cake-sized French vanilla slice - God, I love you Aimee! We followed that with a heavy dose of prettifying in our Surfers hotel room before heading for the Pub Crawl at 4.30pm.

A night jam-packed with drunken dancing, slightly humiliating club games [which I won! ;) shucks..], and abduction followed - much to my delight! I wore a flashing tiara and French maid attire for the duration and demanded to be spoilt!

I've been recieving the birthday girl special treatment all week - and LOVING it! But who wouldn't! Three days ago I went with Mamaloticus and Daddikins to Byron to get my first 'rite of passage' tattoo with my darling mother. We know proudly flash a chilli man on our ankles. I can't spell the Italian official name for him [quarnijhe I think] but he's a man in tux and top hat with the bottom half of his body a chilli - he resides on the outside of my left ankle and stands at about 8.5cm. He's a symbol of protection, good luck and....[mafia identification] lol...shhh. I shant post photos here for fear of being copied...and it's healing.

I'll shortly be heading back to uni - but not too soon as these holidays, my distance from the uni gym and lack of mental activity are driving me bananas! Hope to see some of you there!

Much lovin as always

- She of 18 years, 7 days

2 comments:

Alexis, Baron von Harlot said...

But you're still officially a teenager. Which means writing angsty poetry in graveyards, falling hopelessly in love with people who don't realise you exist, and pimples. (Wait ... that sounds just like me at 29.)

Backpacking-aus said...

Happy 18th good to see you are still using your Blog, all the best with this semester at UNI.