Friday, July 6, 2007

Procastination is a hell of a little bugger. Over the span of my almost eighteen years there've been a great many deeds I wished to complete and continue with that required regulation and constant attention; blogging I've discovered is part of this list. In my effortless aim to let blogger mould into my life and not the other way round [as I've heard does happen and is hazardous to health], I have been somewhat neglecting my online participation inlets. For this reason, there's a fair bit of catching up to be had!
Since last I wrote, I've gotten in trouble for being on the internet at work; I've taken up surfing lessons [a 1.5 of them have been had] with a friend; my sister Steph's turned 16, my mother 46 and Daddy dearest was 45 yesterday; I've made friends, lost touch with some and cried heartily over some beautiful music - indeed both classical and contemporary. I've done a smidge more reading than I have in recent times. Those that stood out were My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult [bloody brilliant, I sobbed endlessly], Morgan's Run by Colleen McCullough [painful to get thru in ye old english so its still hidden in the drawer at work], etc. I'm quite shit at remembering the names of them - but I relish in remembering and retelling their juicy stories!
What else has happened? Herm, I went to karaoke at the Grand the other night and sang Angel by Sarah McLaughlan, well actually by Alex considering I was performing. I was better than I ever have been previously with nerves and apparently aced it though I readily shook my hand in front of me at the audience to demonstrate how bleeding nervous I was!
I've once again resolved to get healthy again. This is seeming to be a monthly to bimonthly occurence! It's been two days thus far and I have been impressively obedient, wearing a plaited band on my wrist as a reminder - incl. diet & exercise. I'm also being nice which people are trying to convince me is always a plus (jokes, I'm always delightful).
The movie section of this blog isn't nearly as random as the above: Stomp the Yard had some 'bust a move' inspiring jiggles in it and almost made me cry and the token black guy's death; Blades of Glory was laughter-causing-tears funny but way too predictable; Epic Movie was a little funny but mostly crap; Music & Lyrics was delightful only for the actors, who were even less impressive than the story line; Forget the rest...hehehe
I only want world peace.....and some darling new heels!
:]
Le Awicks

No comments: